This video provides instruction on how to make "buckyballs" (dodecahedron, truncated icosahedron) from "PHiZZ" units. It looks complicated but it is really easy to make.
You can fold it from standard square memo pads and do something else at the same time as these PHiZZ units are really simple. It may look fragile but the links are quite strong & you can build giant models with these.
The big model shown is the standard buckyball, a representation of the Buckminster fullerene molecule, which consists of 60 carbon atoms arranged in a sphere (32 planes: 12 pentagons and 20 hexagons all neatly arranged around a sphere). Named after the infamous Buckminster Fuller!
Check out the accompanying page for help:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades