In this video you can learn how make an easy paper flower. Cut the card stock into strips of paper that are either 1/8 inch, 3/8 inch or 1/2 inch wide. The width doesn't really matter, but all the strips must be the same size. Use scissors to cut slits 3/4 of the way through the paper strip, creating a fringe along the entire edge of the piece of paper. The smaller the distance between cuts, the more realistic and delicate the flower will appear. Insert the end of the paper fringe 1/4 inch through the eye of the yarn needle. Hold the end of the paper tightly while wrapping the paper strip around the needle. The needle gives you the ability to create a tightly-wrapped coil. Manipulate the needle out of the middle of the paper roll carefully without disrupting the coil. Glue the end of the fringe to the outside of the flower. Keep the fringe tightly coiled in a circular fashion for a chrysanthemum look, or gently flatten the fringe toward the paper background to give the flower a daisy-like effect. Glue a sequin, pearl or gemstone to the middle of the flattened flower. Hot glue dries quickly and works best.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades