To create an origami buckyball, you must start with a piece of paper cut into a triangle with each side about two inches long. Fold the corner of each side into the middle of the opposite side and then unfold to create creases that will be your guide. Next, fold a side up to the midpoint of the creases and repeat on all sides. This will create a star-like shape. Now, fold two sides in and pinch out the extreme, outer corner and repeat on all sides. This will create a small star inside your paper. Pull the backside of each corner just until the point flicks out and press down to flatten, repeat on each corner. Press the three inside edges all together into the center and fold along the creases this will make. This creates a pinched pyramid. Now, just pull out the inside corner, and you have a little star. Repeat this procedure fifty-nine times. Now connect all sixty stars in the diagram of a soccer ball, creating a pentagon-shaped hole with six hexagons into a sphere.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades