Learn how to make an origami "orchid" by slightly altering an origami iris / lily flower.
This origami video shows how to make what I call an orchid flower... really it's something I made by mistake when first learning to make an origami lily / iris. You'll need to start from the frog base.
You Will Need
* 1 square paper
Step 1. Make a frog base
If you already know the frog base, feel free to skip ahead.
The frog base is a good one to learn because many different origami folds, not just frogs, can be made from the frog base.
Step 2. Making the orchid
Be careful to fold in from the open end and not the closed end. If you fold from the closed end you will make an iris / lily.
I "learned" this fold by accident when I was first learning the traditional origami lily / iris.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades