First of all, we're not going to lie: This butterfly ball origami project is not a simple one to fold. In fact, you should only attempt it if you're an intermediate or advanced origami student. Second, we have no idea why this star-like object is called a butterfly ball (perhaps because it looks like a cacoon?), but either way it's a very cool modern shape.
We'll use only 12 very simple units, but the assembly is a bit tricky.
1) be patient to put all the units together; once finished, it will be stable
2) according to the diagram, stiffer paper is better
3) you can put a smaller butterfly ball inside another (look 0:09). Paper size is 7.5cm x 7.5cm and 5cm x 5cm
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades